22 Jan 2021
We hold regular online workshops, also called webinars, so you can gain the skills and knowledge you need to take action.
Visit the webinar registration form to find out about upcoming workshops and to register.
We work with local group coordinators to coach them on the goal they set for their campaign or group.
Our coaching programme consists of six one to one phone calls over a period of a few months. We follow the GROW method setting a Goal, assessing the current Reality, considering Options and finding a Way forward.
Open to: Friends of the Earth local group coordinators.
To request: Email us at email@example.com with the subject “coaching request” and we can arrange a time to speak.
Community organiser training
Community organising is about people power. It's a way of working with others to create change on issues you care about.
We run a series of online training modules on community organising.
Understanding power – We’ll look at what we mean by organising and campaigning, how power works, and how people powered campaigns can build power together when working in a world where dominant power is the norm.
Date: Tuesday 16 February, 6:30-7:30pm
Campaign planning – We’ll look at how to plan and structure your campaigns, and explore tools and approaches that can help you to work out the best way to put pressure on your target.
Date: Monday 22 February, 6:30-7.30pm
Open to: Individual activists in the wider environmental movement, members of Friends of the Earth local groups, and members of Climate Action groups.
To request: Register for each module on the relevant event page.
This course was last run in Winter 2019 in Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and London. We hope to run it in person again when possible.
“Roots to Shoots” group development workshops
The aim of these half-day workshops is to develop skills and a strategy in order to grow your group and increase the group’s capacity by organising effectively around a local or national campaign issue and beyond.
The course covers:
- Setting goals: If your group already has a campaign goal, we'll start there and help you fine-tune it. Otherwise, we’ll help you to choose and focus on a great campaign goal.
- Theory of change: We’ll consider who you need to influence, their power, and what their motivations are, in order to identify the best way to effect change.
- Strategy and tactics: We’ll work together to generate creative tactics that also involve and develop new people, and to sequence them into a strategy that builds power.
- Story and structure: We’ll help you to structure your group to support activist recruitment and scalability, and to craft a compelling and convincing narrative.
- Next steps: You’ll leave with a plan of what you want to achieve and how to do it, and we’ll support you with regular coaching to deliver it over the coming weeks and months.
Open to: Friends of the Earth local groups.
To request: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Roots to Shoots request” and we can arrange a time to speak.